May 13 & 14, 2020 at The Chateaux Deer Valley Park City, Utah USA
**** Early registration $1200 before March 8 ****
This seminar is primarily intended for HRSG Owners, Asset Managers, and O&M Management but will be useful for almost anyone working with Combined Cycle or Cogeneration Plants with Heat Recovery Steam Generators. HRSGs have generally high reliability with regard to pressure parts including tubes, piping and headers but inspection, testing and repairs are more difficult and time consuming than in other boilers. In many cases by the time leaks are evident, damage to the tubes, tube panels (HARPS) and tube modules can be widespread. Repairs can require complete replacement of HARPS and/or entire tube modules. These require advance planning and procurement to be done successfully in an operational HRSG. Extensive repairs and replacements can also be required due to defects in fabrication, construction and commissioning or from accidents such as gas turbine fires and explosions. Tetra Engineering has supported plant owners, operators and others in these major events for many years. We have supplied forensics, engineering oversight, due diligence, factory and erection oversight and support for owners in disputes worldwide This seminar will be presented by experienced instructors in all these areas.
Introduction and Overview
- HRSG Basics (major components, design options, variants)
- Why Modern HRSG’s Present difficulties for major repairs and replacements
- Pressure Part Failures in HRSGs and Impact on key reliability and availability metrics
Causes of HRSG Pressure Part Failures
- Key Types of Failures
- Failures from Fabrication Quality issues
- Failures during Commissioning
- Failures from operational issues (corrosion, fatigue, overheating and others)
- Failures from Other Causes.
HRSG Life Management for High Reliability and Availability
- Monitoring, Inspection and Useful Remaining Life Assessment
- Consideration of Operational Changes (Cycling, Low Load, Flexible Operation, Alternate Fuels)
HRSG Pressure Part Repair and Replacement Options
- Individual Tube Replacement/Plugging/Repair
- Tube Panel Replacement (Single HARP or Selected HARPS)
- Tube Module Replacement
Engineering, Procurement, Replacement Actions for HRSG Pressure Parts
- Specification Development for replacement or upgrade and replace options
- Re-Engineering Considerations
- Procurement and Installation Options (Single Source OEM, EPC or Split Contracts)
- Typical Schedule and Price Issues (local or off-shore sourcing, fabrication options, construction management)
- Project Supervision and Oversight
HRSG Pressure Part Replacement Case Studies
- Extensive Design/Fabrication Quality Issues in New Plant
- Partial Replacement of Evaporator Tubes
- Full Replacement of Evaporator Modules
- Replacement of Tubes Damaged in Turbine Accidents
- Partial HARP replacements
- Issues in Replacement Access
Mr. David Moelling, PE - Chief Engineer Tetra Engineering Group, Inc.
Mr. Andreas Fabricius , Senior Consulting Engineer, Tetra Engineering Europe
Ms. Early Femiana, PMP, Manager of Thermal Engineering, Tetra Engineering Group, Inc.
The Chateaux Deer Valley is a luxury resort hotel located in Park City, Utah, a 45 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport SLC.
The Chateaux is located at 7815 Royal Street East, Park City, Utah 84060. Webpage
A block of Hotel rooms is available at a special rate. For Room reservations call 1-877-288-2978.
Be sure to say that you are attending Tetra Engineering's training course to receive this special rate - do not reserve online!
Rental Cars and Uber are available at the SLC Airport.
Early Registration until March 8, 2020 at $1200 USD per person.
The registration fee for the course is $1500 USD per person after the early registration period.
This fee includes all course materials, breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks each day.
A Group Dinner is also included on May 13th.