June 12 & 13, 2019 in Sophia Antipolis, France
This training course is primarily intended for experienced O&M staff working in thermal power and process plants, but could also be of interest to corporate engineering and management staff. The course consists of a survey of the most important design and operational aspects of CFB boilers and their components. Selected fundamental matter (fluidization) with importance for the operation and performance of such boilers is also treated.
- General Overview (History of development of CFB and FB, types of CFB and their characteristics)
- Some aspects of fluidization (Voidage, particle size concepts, minimum fluidization velocity, transport velocity and other basic concepts)
- Fuel Properties with significance for operation and performance (coal, biomass, and waste)
- Overall Thermal Design (Heat balance, heat transfer and allocation of heat transfer surfaces, Influence of fuel, co-combustion,)
- Key Design Factors: Bed, Furnace, Cyclone, Loop Seal, Fuel feed system and location, External heat exchangers
- Bed Inventory and PSD Management (Pressure drop, and Pressure measurements, circulation loop)
- Ash Systems and Management (bottom ash, fly ash, ash cooling, recycling)
- Bed Agglomeration and deposits on heat transfer surface
- Control Aspects (Bed material control, Bed temperature control)
- Air Emissions (Type of emissions and how they are influenced, CO, NO, SO2, etc)
- Part Load and Transient Operation
- Performance, Troubleshooting
The registration fee for the course is 1400€ per person and includes all course materials, as well as a lunch each day of the course. Early-bird discount of 15% applies until 28 February, 2019. Discount of 20% if included in the booking of a full track (five days of courses) or if any company books five or more days of courses in total for their staff.
To register or for more information, please contact Christine Vallon, or call our European office at +33 4 92 96 92 54.