June 11 & 12, 2019 in Sophia Antipolis, France
This seminar is primarily intended for O&M staff at all levels of experience working in combined cycle power plants, but should also be of interest to engineers and managers involved in new project development. The course gives attendees a comprehensive yet in-depth survey of a broad range of topics relating to the design, operation and maintenance of the HRSG and associated steam cycle systems.
Drawing on our field experience working at power plants throughout the world, the objective is to provide attendees with clear instruction on the operator actions and design issues that impact HRSG reliability, efficiency and operating life.
Tetra Engineering has offered this seminar for many years and it is updated annually. Recent seminar sites have included USA, Turkey, UAE, the Philippines and Malaysia.
HRSG Design and Process Essentials
The basics on how the HRSG is designed, operated and what are the key damage mechanisms that affect reliability and unit life.
- Basics of HRSG Design
- HRSG Operation and Controls
- Common HRSG Damage Mechanisms
Background Planning and Preparation for Inspection
Why do we inspect? How can one best prepare for the inspection and thereby minimize the cost and duration of planned or unplanned outages?
- Statutory Requirements for Inspection
- Potential Uses of Inspection Data
- Inspection Frequency and Scope
- HRSG Inspection and Outage Management
- Developing an Effective and Efficient Inspection Plan
Learn about commonly applied inspection methods for HRSG inspection. A description of each method and its applicability is discussed.
- Visual Inspection and Remote Visual Inspection
- Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing Techniques
- Hardness and Surface Replication
- Other Flaw Detection Techniques
- Destructive Tests: Metallurgy and Chemical Analysis
HRSG Components and Their Inspection
An overview of the various parts of the HRSG, and where and how to look for damage and deterioration.
- Tubes and Internal Pressure Parts
- Internal Gas Path Structures
- Casing, Stack and Exterior
- Drums, Tanks
- HRSG and External Power Piping
- Duct Burners and Emission Controls
- Valves, Attemperators and Other Fixtures
Reporting & Inspection Data Management
- Making Good Field Notes and Photographs
- Assuring Quality Data from NDE
- Analyzing NDE Data
- Writing a Good Inspection Report
- Managing Inspection Records Over Time
All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of our HRSG Inspection Planning Guide – 2nd Edition.
Course participants will receive the option of attending a complimentary excursion to the surrounding area of natural beauty and world famous perfume country; complete with an evening meal at an excellent local restaurant.
The registration fee for the course is 995€ per person and includes all course materials, as well as a lunch each day of the course. We also offer a group discount for multiple registrations. For every 3 attendees from the same company (or parent company) the fourth registration is FREE.
To register or for more information, please contact Christine Vallon, or call our European office at +33 4 92 96 92 54.